BSC, DIPNT, MNTOI, BTEC, ITEC
Owner & founder of The Primal Rabbit; Certified Nutrition Consultant; Creator of The Reset; Coach; Speaker & Entrepreneur.
Hi, I’m Lyda (pronounced Lee-da)
I am a Certified Nutrition Consultant & I specialise in paleo nutrition, blood sugar regulation, digestive health, fatigue and energy balance.
What does that all mean?
Through her website, workshops and personal consultations, Lyda works with clients specifically relating to the following issues:
- Regulating blood sugar levels related to diabetes OR poor diet & lifestyle factors
- Gut and digestive issues including but not limited to constipation, diarrhoea, IBS, bloating, gas, candida/SIBO, allergies and leaky gut.
- Increasing, balancing and re-igniting your energy throughout the day.
- Dietary support for autoimmune conditions such as RA, coeliac & hypothyroid.
- Performance nutrition for CrossFit.
Because Lyda’s approach is rooted in the primal diet approach, she also works with clients who are in the process of transitioning to this type of diet as well as those who have made the leap but perhaps are at a plateau and struggling to move forward.
Practice & Certifications
Lyda holds a Bachelors degree with UCD, a Foundational Level Diploma in Nutritional Science & Therapeutics with IINH along with other numerous certifications including:
- BTEC level 3 Advanced Diploma in Nutrition & Health Coaching
- ITEC Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Diet & Nutrition for Complementary Therapists
- 3000+ notional learning hours of study at IINH
- 30+ Hours of clinical supervised 1-1 practice
- 3000+ practical coaching hours over six years working with clients
- BioSignature Level 1
- Precision Nutrition Level 1
- OPEX Level 1 Nutrition, Business Systems & Life Coaching
- London School of Economics Msc (to complete in 2017)
A Bit More About Me
I am a non-traditional 20-something year old with a passion for holistic health & nutrition.
My health journey has been a long one. Having tried every diet out there, I am willing to bet that I have stood in many of the places you may be standing right now:
- Suffering from unexplained digestive issues and IBS
- Exhausted with zero energy
- Depressed and not knowing where to start
- Frustrated, lacking willpower & discipline
- Suffocating from overachiever/perfectionist syndrome
- Taking one step forward, five steps back kind of scenario
Let’s be clear – I believe in the simple approach. Do I have moments where I feel down or ‘off’, disconnected, bloated? – of course I do. I am only human. It’s not about being perfect. It’s about making the best choices possible, finding real food and enjoying the journey.
Health & Wellness begins from within. I don’t believe in fad diets, quick fixes or supplementing your way skinny. Instead, I passionately believe in bringing food back to basics and understanding how to get the maximum nutrition from every tasty mouthful of real food. My approach is based around Paleo/Primal/Weston A Price. This way of eating isn’t a ‘diet’, it’s an exploration of history, nutrition, the human diet and most important our health. Paleo is just a term that helps us define real food and that’s exactly what I put at the forefront of my thinking.
I champion quick & easy home cooking, natural fats including saturated fats and a rainbow of vegetables.
My recipes and diets are free from gluten, grains and refined sugar, minimising even the most natural sugars in order to keep better blood sugar balance which is key to everything. The body needs both saturated and unsaturated fats in their most natural forms to slow down the release of sugar, optimise digestion and absorb vitamins. This in turn can reduce cravings and the residual peaks and crashes in energy levels.
Above all, my approach to health and wellness is accessible, so I constantly draw on my own experiences of cooking and eating around my busy life so as to make healthy eating approachable and refreshing.
As soon as you look at what you are eating the rest naturally follows – health takes into account mental, physical, emotional and spiritual. I am a big fan of crossfit, yoga and meditation and encourage my clients to find the right practice for their individual needs.